- What is Surplus Property?
- Where is Surplus Property?
- Who Can Purchases from Surplus?
- Surplus Property Procedures
- How to Surplus Cubicle Systems
- Disbursement of Funds
- BPM-308 Resale, Sale, or Disposal- Surplus Property
Surplus Disposal Software
- Training- (Guides on using Surplus Software)
- Disposal/Re-Use Surplus Software
Public auctions are held by Surplus Property every three(3) to four(4) weeks (usually on Wednesdays), and start promptly at 10:00am. Auctions are held at the Surplus Property Warehouse, 1507 Capen Park Road, Columbia, Missouri 65211, where the public may bid on items. Auction flyers are emailed out the Friday prior to the public auction. If you would like to be included on the email list, please contact Frances Fisher.
- Upcoming Sales/Auctions
May 4, 2016
May 18, 2016
June 15, 2016
July 20, 2016
August 17, 2016
September 21, 2016
October 19, 2016
November 16, 2016
December 21, 2016
- Surplus Pricing Guide for Campus Departments
If you have purchased an item on GovDeals you must email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a pickup date.
Forms-(send all forms to email@example.com)
- UM Form27: Property Inventory and Change Report
- Surplus Disposal software
- UM Form48: Internal Order Form
- UM Form31: Electronic Storage Devices Residual Data Disposal Certificate & Instructions
- Surplus Tech Report
- EHS Surplus/Disposal Form
Surplus Property is a part of the Procurement Services Department that is responsible for the disposal, re-distribution, and/or sale of used equipment/property that the University of Missouri no longer uses. The sale of this equipment is handled through public auctions, sales, or online. A Disposal Request through our software should be completed and approved before items can be picked up. Surplus Property receives no General Operating (G.O.) funds. All salaries, benefits, operational, marketing and sales costs are paid by the 35% retained from the sale of surplus equipment.
All Surplus from the University of Missouri Kansas City Campus is transported to the University of Missouri Surplus in Columbia Missouri, which is located at 1507 Capen Park Road, Columbia Missouri 65211.
All University of Missouri property and equipment at Surplus is available to other University of Missouri departments at reasonable prices (see pricing guide). Departments wishing to purchase items from Surplus Property should
- Contact Surplus at 573-882-5053 or email Surplus@umkc.edu with their request of items.
- Surplus will do their best to locate the requested items
- Surplus will contact the department to make an appointment to view items
- Department should complete the University of Missouri Internal Order Form (UM48).