- What is Surplus Property?
- Where is Surplus Property?
- Who Can Purchases from Surplus?
- Surplus Property Procedures
- How to Surplus Cubicle Systems
- Disbursement of Funds
- BPM-308 Resale, Sale, or Disposal- Surplus Property
Surplus Disposal Software
- Training- (Guides on using Surplus Software)
- Disposal/Re-Use Surplus Software
Our one UMKC Surplus employee works on campus at multiple locations each day; therefore our warehouse is not staffed full-time.
- If you are an UMKC employee and would like to view items for your department please email surplus @umkc.edu and someone will schedule a time to be there.
- If you are wanting to purchase items for your personal use please use a web browser for viewing our items at our auction or our items on GovDeals.
If you have purchased an item on GovDeals you must email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a pickup date.
Forms-(send all forms to email@example.com)
- UM Form58: Property Inventory and Change Report
- Surplus Items use surplus disposal software
- UM Form48: Internal Order Form
- UM Form31: Electronic Storage Devices Residual Data Disposal Certificate & Instructions - (This form will be going away. Please use our surplus disposal software.)
- Surplus Tech Report
- EHS Surplus/Disposal Form
Surplus Property is a part of the Procurement Services Department that is responsible for the disposal, re-distribution, and/or sale of used equipment/property that the University of Missouri and other Mid-Missouri government agencies and educational institutions no longer use. The sale of this equipment is handled through public auctions, sales, or online. A Disposal Request through our software must be completed and approved before items can be picked up. Surplus Property receives no General Operating (G.O.) funds. All salaries, benefits, operational, marketing and sales costs are paid by the 35% retained from the sale of surplus equipment.
The Surplus Property Warehouse is located at the back of the 4747 Troost building, on the corner of 48th & Forest. (map) Our one UMKC Surplus employee works on campus at multiple locations each day; therefore the Warehouse is not staffed full-time. Viewing of surplus items is available to departments by appointments only and by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All University of Missouri property and equipment at the Surplus Property Warehouse is available to other University of Missouri departments at reasonable prices (see pricing guide), and may be purchased up to 12:00pm on the Friday prior to public auctions or sales. Departments wishing to purchase items from the Surplus Property Warehouse or from a Surplus Property public auction /sale, should complete the University of Missouri Internal Order Form (UM48). Surplused property and equipment from other Mid-Missouri government agencies and educational institutions can only be purchased at public auctions /sales. On-Line bidding is now available. Be sure to sign up!