- What is Surplus Property?
- Where is Surplus Property?
- Who Can Purchases from Surplus?
- Surplus Property Procedures
- How to Surplus Cubicle Systems
- Disbursement of Funds
- BPM-308 Resale, Sale, or Disposal- Surplus Property
Surplus Disposal Software
- Training- (Guides on using Surplus Software)
- Disposal/Re-Use Surplus Software
- Calendar of Sales/Auctions
- Surplus Pricing Guide for Campus Departments
- On-Line Auction Registration/Bidding
- UM Form27: Property Inventory and Change Report
- UM Form48: Internal Order Form
- UM Form31: Electronic Storage Devices Residual Data Disposal Certificate & Instructions
- Surplus Tech Report
- EHS Surplus/Disposal Form
Surplus Property is a part of the Procurement Services Department that is responsible for the disposal, re-distribution, and/or sale of used equipment/property that the University of Missouri and other Mid-Missouri government agencies and educational institutions no longer use. The sale of this equipment is handled through public auctions, sales, or online. A completed Form27 must accompany all items. Surplus Property receives no General Operating (G.O.) funds. All salaries, benefits, operational, marketing and sales costs are paid by the 35% retained from the sale of surplus equipment.
The Surplus Property Warehouse is located at the back of the 4747 Troost building, on the corner of 48th & Forest. (map) Contact Warehouse Manager, Jonathan Young if you wish to view surplused items for your dept. You can reach Jonathan at 235-6996 with questions. Surplus pick up requests can be sent via email to Surplus@umkc.edu.
All University of Missouri property and equipment at the Surplus Property Warehouse is available to other University of Missouri departments at reasonable prices (see pricing guide), and may be purchased up to 12:00pm on the Friday prior to public auctions or sales. Departments wishing to purchase items from the Surplus Property Warehouse or from a Surplus Property public auction /sale, should complete the University of Missouri Internal Order Form (UM48). Surplused property and equipment from other Mid-Missouri government agencies and educational institutions can only be purchased at public auctions /sales. On-Line bidding is now available. Be sure to sign up!